KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- Honesty at all times
- Proven experience as bartender/ barista.
- Experience in using F&B Systems e.g. MICROS and other bar and coffee making tools.
- Knowledge of various beverage preparation procedures and methods
- Creativity in beverage preparations.
- Enthusiastic about their work.
- Yearning for personal and career development
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks, and ensure timely service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction
- Make recommendations and answer all related inquiries
- Be able to mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Peel, slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Upsell drink and snack items to customers
- Raise stores requisitions in time and obtain stock from the stores.
- Assessing bar customers’ needs and preferences and making recommendations
- Maintain the set minimum stock levels in the bar at all times.
- Process transactions using the POS system
- Undertake the weekly and monthly stock verification process with the finance or audit department to check on losses that any have been incurred by the hotel.
- Check identification of the guests to ensure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Prepare the monthly asset inventory for the bar by the 20th day of every month and ensure its submission to the finance department.
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the night and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally
- Mix all drinks based on the serving sizes as outlined in the company manual to keep drink costs at a minimum
- Develop an efficient work pace that keeps the customers at the bar and in the dining room satisfied at all times
- Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages and all drinks.
- Wash glassware and utensils that are usable in the bar after each use and keep them in an acceptable manner.
- Clear and reset the tables in the bar area after service, and maintain a clean environment within the bar.
- Ensure the availability of the necessary equipment and products as required.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Respond promptly to requests from customers in a polite and professional fashion
- Attempt to limit problems related to customers' excessive drinking by following established procedures
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations, health, safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Keep a daily record of happenings within the bar area including losses etc.
- Ensure proper handover to the next bartender at the close of each shift
- Perform other tasks assigned within the scope of your duty.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced Certificate in Food and Beverage from a reputable College or University
- Bar mixology training
- Minimum 1 year previous experience as bartender.
- Good working knowledge of Micros Fidelio