- To guide clients on clearance processes in Kenya as per their requirements with SOPs in Place, including checking and approving their draft documents before they are finalized.
- Receive all pre-alerts for all Airfreight, Sea freight, Transit and Transshipments including Local imports and Exports by sea and road and forward the documents to the concerned parties.
- Handle all Queries and information on shipments from Origins and/or Clients.
- Ensure all operations team Members work as a Team to achieve set standard requirements per company rules.
- Ensure all Operations Master Files records & Documents are kept in good order & in right places within the office as per its set processes.
- To Handle / Check all purchase Invoices are correctly billed to us & that we have fully recovered all its costs / charges. Verify / Approve these Invoices.
- Checking and Approval of all outgoing Draft Invoices to any Clients. Also to approve all such final Invoices for all Clients and to ensure all its attached documents are correct & as per its requirements & per what is stated in Invoices.
- Fully Intervene with Customs Authorities, KPA, Shipping lines, Airlines or Ground Handlers as & when required when there are disputes or queries or mis-handled or mis-performed by others or juniors during its clearance processes and to ensure prompt positive results for Customers.
- To Monitor & Supervise that all our Transit & Transshipment Entries are lodged upon arrival of goods and Entries are passed & processed within 48 Hours to avoid any Sea/Airport Storage charges
- Address customer issues and ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Supervise with the Declaration Team and Bonds Officers to ensure our Bonds are cancelled in time to avoid deferred costs.
- Seamless coordination with Transport department to ensure efficient loading at ICD, offloading at client premises as well as return of empties back to the shipping line.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management or equivalent qualification
- Diploma in Clearing and forwarding.
- More than 10 years’ progressive experience in clearing and forwarding industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of customs legislation, tariffs, import/export documentation, customs clearance, bond management and customs declaration.
- Excellent problem solving & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- Highly developed teamwork skills – ability to work with others and embrace team work
- Demonstrate ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letters on or before 9/6/2019.