- Manage and co-ordinate transaction income business of the branch in order to maintain and improve their efficiency and effectiveness in line with set targets
- Manage SME/ Retail Business of the Branch to grow assets and liabilities in order to maintain a an effective balance sheet within Branch budgets
- Thoroughly review credit applications to reduce the possibility of NPA and proactively manage recovery of NPA in the event of default.
- Manage costs while maximizing revenues to create an acceptable positive cost / income ratios.
- Organize marketing activities within the business area in order to maximize an appropriate growth in business
- Continuously provide a data base of target markets in the area guided by the market demographics/sectors.
- Oversee the implementation of SLA at Branch level and see that clients deliverables are meet at all levels.
- Provide agreed levels of service within the agreed TAT (turnaround times) and SLAs (Service Level Agreements) of each product, services within each sector.
- Monitor and review customer service in order to retain and develop an optimum customer base. Conduct customer service surveys at Branch level to ascertain the level of customer satisfaction with the service at Business unit.
- Compliance with internal and external regulatory policies and practices maintaining an appropriate level of risk management within the business area
- Clean books of accounts in the Branch with strict adherence to reconciliation targets.
- Maintain the appropriate number and right talent in order to deliver exceptional service, achieve targets and maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the business area
- Manage the leave of all staff such that all leave is taken within the year without affecting the Business operations as per policy
- Mentor and coach staff and execute training programs with the support of HR to make sure that staff are sufficiently trained to perform the roles assigned to them.
- Proactively manage the performance of staff in the branch reviewing performance against targets monthly, recognizing and celebrating achievements and taking corrective action to address gaps.
- Manage the disciplinary and grievance procedures at the branch level
- Provide career guidance that depicts staff upward mobility/ progression.
- Maintain the general image/ ambiance of the Branch at acceptable levels. Make sure the Branch is clean at all the time, fully operational, safe and secure for staff and customers and service providers.
- Maintain optimal levels of stationary and consumables in the branch, eliminating waste and managing costs.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 7- 10 years relevant work experience (Branch Management, Relationship Management/ Credit/ Sales)
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Professional or Masters Qualifications will be considered as an additional advantage
- Strong management and leadership skills, with strong ability to supervise, instruct and work collaboratively within a team; to guide, mentor and coach employees and enhance their skills and competencies.
- High marketing and selling proficiency: ability to undertake sales targeting, sell bank services and meeting sales targets
- Results driven - able to efficiently manage time, meet deadlines and communicate risks, resource needs, and priorities and deliver results.
- Proactive. High sense of urgency and attention to detail. Ability to work without supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills, problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills. Keen to details.
- Competent in financial management
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to build business relationships and relate well with both internal and external customers.
- Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience