DKT Kenya/Uganda is a rapidly growing social enterprise company aimed at increasing access to contraceptives in Kenya and Uganda. DKT Kenya/Uganda is affiliated with DKT International, one of the largest private providers of family planning in the world, with a presence in over 40 countries. DKT Kenya/Uganda conducts sales and marketing of pharmaceutical and medical devices across Kenya and with a small presence in Uganda, including a wide range of condoms, pills, IUDs and other contraceptive and maternal health products.
Brand Manager Role
As the ‘brand
guardian’ the brand manager will maintain integrity across all brand marketing
initiatives and communications.
Effectively develop brand strategy and implement
- In coordination with the Marketing Manager, develops and implements brand and marketing plans for brand portfolio. This includes annual brand plans, brand briefs and campaign briefs.
- Develop and implement marketing initiatives that meet and exceed consumer needs, building our share across product categories.
- Develop strategies, plan and execute all communications and media actions across all channels including above the line, below the line, online and social media ensuring that products and services meet customers’ expectations and build credibility of the brands.
- Provide direct oversight and supervision for production of the above the line advertising, below the line events, print, email campaigns, digital media, exhibitions, road shows, trainings and other forms of marketing initiatives to maintain consistency in branding.
- Liaise and supervise output from designers, agencies, media planning and buying during implantation of activities.
- Analyze the success of marketing campaigns ROI per activity and provide requisite feedback reports.
- Supervise advertising, events, launches, exhibitions, below the line, photo shoots and other forms of marketing to ensure consistency in branding.
- Communicate brand messaging through coordination and meeting with clients, working with colleagues across multiple departments (agencies and internal stakeholders).
- Take ownership of brand messaging and implantation of brand campaigns touching on all aspects of the 4 P’s of marketing.
- Carry out market research in order to keep up to date with consumer trends as well as trying to predict future trends (market trends, consumer priorities).
- Conduct continuous competitor and customer insight analysis.
- Managing brand portfolio budgets.
- Assist with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as development of new business opportunities.
- Maintain continuous surveillance and evaluation of competitive products, performance, pricing and marketing techniques through interaction with sales, end users and other sources.
Complete other duties as assigned and when required, including contribution to larger organizational initiatives.
- Execution of marketing activities planned vs actual
- Return on investment on marketing activities
- Market Share, penetration and growth
- Customer awareness and satisfaction
- Minimum 5 years of Consumer Marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Business, Communication, Social Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Holder of professional marketing qualifications.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences, creatively devising and leading cross channel marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills; ability to plan for, carry out and provide support for multiple projects with minimal supervision.