The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate World School that seeks to provide students of all backgrounds from primary to higher secondary with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterized by leadership and service.
The Academy seeks to recruit candidates for the following position:
Reports to: Manager, Finance and Accounting
Duties & Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate receipting of all collections (fees, coupons sales)
- Reconciliation and banking of collections and ensuring revenue completeness
- Bank summaries preparation & filing of receipt vouchers systematically for ease of retrieval
- Help do monthly bank reconciliation especially credit entries in Bank statements
- Undertake internal payments and advances like IOU’s
- Administers, disburses, posts & reconciles Petty Cash and stipend money
- Collection & reconciliation of various bills monthly
- Distribution of supplier cheques
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Accounting or Commerce.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in an accounting or finance related field
- Excellent Microsoft Office Proficiency especially Excel
- Ability to work independently with discretion and within tight deadlines
- Ability to work with Tally Finance System will be an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit their applications through the link below and upload their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and names of at least three contactable referees via the AKDN Career Centre. The closing date for applications is March 20, 2020. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.