The incumbent will provide administrative, analytical and other support to the Group Executive Office in various aspects of the day to day Banking and operational matters within the Group. The position will also assist the CEO’s office in following up action points arising out of deliberations at Board level, strategy meetings, BSM, EXCO meetings and any meeting / departmental matters. This role will provide support in implementation of standardization / uniformity within the Group.
The Incumbent will report to the Manager – Group Executive Office and will be responsible for the following:
Support to Kenya CEO
- Providing support to the Kenya CEO on various administrative and secretariat related matters concerning the Kenyan entity from time to time.
- Providing administrative support to the Kenya CEO for preparation of CBK and other banking related surveys from time to time.
- Coordinating for timely submission and uploading all the bank's board papers for the various Board Meetings.
- Providing administrative support to the Kenya CEO in preparation of Board Papers.
- Supporting the CEO’s internal and external communications, assembling various dashboards and analysis jointly with the Marketing and PR team.
Support to Group Nominated Directors
- Daily preparation of the Statement of Condition (SOC) highlighting all the key issues and alerting the top management whenever required.
- Monitoring subsidiary performance, assisting with review of financials, budgets, business plans, etc.
- Following up, reviewing and submitting analysis of operational and management reports received by the CEOs office from the Group Entities;
- Providing support on the Balanced Score Card analysis for the Subsidiaries
- Assisting in preparation of various Board note updates by the GND to the Board of the holding company specifically update on various Banking subsidiaries.
Credit Related Matters
- Supporting the analysis of Credit Applications submitted for approval by the subsidiaries to the GND.
- Supporting the GND in analysis of BCC and various board papers submitted for consideration on banking subsidiaries.
- Support GM-CA in undertaking Credit due diligence on Group M&A transactions
- Scheduling & coordinating all group forums (i.e. ICT/HR/Business Development) as envisaged in the Group Operating Model and recording & maintaining all minutes arising.
- Assisting with drafting the agenda and attendant meeting papers for the meetings / forums / Conferences and following on action points arising from the meetings / forums / conferences.
- Scheduling & Coordinating CEOs’ Forum & Chairman’s Conference as envisaged in the Group Operating Model and recording & maintainining all minutes arising;
- Assisting with drafting the agenda and attendant meeting papers for the meetings / forums / Conferences and following up on action points arising from the meetings / forums / conferences;
- Scheduling & Coordinating all Financial EXCO & Non – financial EXCO meetings held every month and maintain all minutes arising thereof.
- Providing support in managing the flow of information between the group, its shareholders and other external stakeholders.
- Establishing a useful and credible contact lists for Government and Public Affairs. This includes monitoring the political environment and lobbying/positioning with government bodies to support the region's collective agenda.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Banking or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- ACCA / CFA or its equivalent; and
- Member of Association of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 3 years relevant banking experience.
- Ability to write letters, reports and/or perform routine calculations with the competence to explain these verbally; and
- Ability to communicate well with others both inside and outside the company.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and organization skills;
- Good report writing skills;
- Ability to operate within a multi-cultural and multi-national environment; and
- Pro-active and innovative keeping abreast of developments within the region.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees.