Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer
Business Analysts KEY FOCUS AREAS are as follows:
- Take a lead in business planning in processing operations with emphasis on medium and long term plans and alignment to companywide business strategy.
- Management reporting and analysis with a key focus on understanding and explaining variances
- Performance management working with the various section heads within operations with a view to developing action plans to improve performance.
- Projection forecasts with special focus on sensitivity analysis and identifications of risks and opportunities and identification of mitigating factors.
- Ensuring that internal controls in Processing Plant have been instituted around major business processes and are reviewed for effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
- Capital project appraisals to confirm economic/ financial viability.
- Coordinate and spearhead a tailored approach to the planning cycle and ensure that guidelines to business performance are consistently met and that action plans are incorporated.
- Deliver accurate and timely reports required by processing plant to enable focused decision making.
- Perform detailed analysis of Processing Plant performance and ensure consistency of information with other business reports generated on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Challenge performance across all sections of processing plant using insights developed from analysis and reports and ensures that actions plans are developed to address exceptions.
- Monitor robustness and adequacy of Processing Plant Controls and recommend areas of improvement to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Close liaison with Internal control and Audit departments on risk assessment and implementation of internal audit recommendations.
- Review and challenge Processing Plant investment project to ensure financial viability, process improvement and value addition
- Initiate internal and external benchmarking in order to identify best practices for implementation within Processing Plant.
- Champion working capital optimization within Processing Plant with specific focus on driving necessary actions to ensure inventory levels are optimal.
- Initiate and coordinate cost control and efficiency drives and necessitated by companywide action plans.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND NEEDED
- University degree, preferably numerate Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Ecomonics, Engineering etc)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA professional qualification
- 3-4 years of work related experience or training in Manufacturing sector or audit environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office and ERP
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
OTHER VITAL QUALITIES
- A highly energetic individual
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- A high level of integrity and reliability
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A team player with attention to detail and follow up
Kshs. 40,000 – 50,000