- Analysing a company’s business plan and financial statements to properly advise them about investments, marketing and potential funding opportunities.
- Assessing an enterprise’s financial transactions and advising on optimal cash flow management strategies.
- Studying current economic and business trends which will positively or negatively affect the financial position of client’s business.
- Set up client profiles including chart of accounts in the system.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded into the accounting system.
- Maintain and reconcile the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of financial documents.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the organization performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding and working knowledge of Business principles and financial management strategies, and apply them.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Self-starter with drive to be successful and ability to manage and execute simultaneous projects and tasks without supervision.
- Highly analytical and strong attention to detail. Team player and consensus-builder who enjoys working with others and reaching out proactively to gather information.
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in use of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to develop complex financial models and cash flow projections using Excel.
- A good understanding of economic value drivers for business enterprises across different sectors and industries with focus on the SME environment.
- Sound judgement of SME business and investment risks and capacity to develop value-driven solutions to these risks.
- Degree in finance, accounting, economics or other related analytical field.
- Qualified CPA / ACCA or other finance related professional certification.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting or financial analysis.
- Computer proficiency required (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in working with accounting packages e.g. Quick Books.