Our client provides a multi-channel pay-tv and subscriber management services in 49 African countries including; Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique. The company promotes the creation, showcasing and building up of local African talent.
Title: Business Desk Support
Division: Operations Department
Reports to: Business Desk Supervisor
- Using MAL’s internal CRM system, manage technical and Service Support escalations from all service touch points (Branch, Call Centre, Social Media, Agencies, Field service, Anti-piracy team, Service Desk etc.)
- Activate or deactivate customers’ satellite services upon request.
- Prioritizing and handling escalations as received from different customer touch points
- Carrying out daily system health checks and sharing a report on the same.
- Carry out hardware, channel and system testing for new implementations and technologies. A report on findings to be generated and shared with all stake holders at the end of the test period.
- Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments and providing billing information.
- Escalate to corporate all service related issues that require third level support (Products, services, programs and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organization’s mission and strategy)
- Resolve escalated customer queries and complaints and provide feedback to customers and matters resolved.
- Escalate issues to relevant departments and follow up to resolution
- Tracking of escalations to other departments and third level to ensure issue resolution within stipulated TATs
- Enforcement of the escalations and call back process for better customer experience
- Knowledge of Clarity and core Clarity pillars – ICC, SAP & CRM
- First Response Time: -Achieve a first response time of 4 hours for cases escalated to business desk and emails, and 30 minutes for urgent escalations sent by email to business desk support mailing list.
- Service Level Agreement:-Maintaining a business desk SLA of 99% with at least 90% of the cases handled within 4 hours in order to avoid repeat calls and enhance customer experience
- Case Resolution Rate:-measures productivity of each back office team member. It is a comparative measure based on the number of cases/emails handled per day/ hour in relation to the average for the day to measure individual effectiveness. A variance of not more than 5% from average case/emails for the day with 95% productivity is expected.
- Escalation Management-measures This KPI measures how escalations are handled. Escalations to third level must be followed up for a ref number and indicated on the tracker and status updated accordingly. Cases on individual queues should not stay for more 72 hours old, unless advised by reporting manager.
- Case Quality Tagging:-measures the quality of cases escalated to business desk from all touch points and also the quality of the resolution/feedback given from business desk. Cases that lack critical information will be tagged as invalid with reason for tagging given by the person who handled the case. Resolution to be guided by Business Rules, to reduce risk to the organization. Target is 90% quality.
- Attendance and Punctuality:-measures the team's attendance against scheduled shifts. The target is to achieve less than 5% absence of the total working days with 95% punctuality.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
- Minimum first degree in social sciences and/or a business related field
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a Call-Centre or frontline service experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The incumbent should have demonstrated the following competencies:
- Time Flexibility
- Service Orientation
- Good Judgement
- Self confidence
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
The incumbent is required to have the following functional competencies:
- Communication – Oral: Ability to convey information orally to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to information from others.
- Client/Customer Service: Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients (those who buy goods and services, and for whom formal professional services are rendered) or customers (those who consume goods and services) by listening to the client/customer and understanding and responding to identified needs.
- Teamwork: Ability to actively participate as a member of a team to move toward the completion of goals.
- Coordination - Work: Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process. Ability to perform routine tasks Ability to check work for accuracy before completion of tasks.
- Technical Knowledge (KU Band, SeSat, W4, C-Band): Ability to differentiate between the different satellite technologies (IS20 vs. E36B) and the countries in which they are operational.
The incumbent is required to demonstrate the following personality attributes:
- Evaluative thinking style: critically evaluates information, looks for potential limitations, and focuses upon errors.
- Well-organized: organization skills are key in helping juggle between tasks. Business desk team has to handle escalations from touch points while also logging cases with third party support and following up on them.
- Critical and logical thinking: thought process needs to be consistent and logical when resolving issues escalated to the desk