REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
SUPERVISES: Sales Team
The position holder will have the following accountabilities;
• New Business development; Prospects for new clients/customers and turn this into increased business. Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographical area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities, plan approaches and pitches.
• Engage with stakeholders and client for purposes of retention, growth and new business opportunities.
• Client retention; Present new products and enhance existing relationships. Work with production and other technical staff including internal colleagues to meet customer needs. Arrange and participate in internal and external client briefing
• Business development planning; Attend industry functions, events, conferences and provide feedback and information on markets.
• Maintaining, promoting and enhancing a positive corporate image of the organization
• Enhancing positive public relations
• Organizing official functions and events
• Implementing social responsibility policy
• Coordinating customer relation issues
• Facilitating and reviewing development of marketing and corporate affairs plans
• Development and implementation of corporate plans
• Monitoring the environment and advising management on possible market gaps
• Ensuring compliance with national and international standards as part of competitive strategy
• Implementing and maintaining quality assurance process
• Relevant University Degree
• Relevant Professional Qualification
• At least five years’ experience
• Membership of a relevant professional body.
Job related Skills
• Report writing skills
• Client engagement and partnership approach skills
• Interpersonal relations
• Emotional intelligence
• Team work
• High Integrity
• Good communication
• Self-drive and creativity
• Able to work under pressure and meeting strict deadline
Added advantages (knowledge and experience of the Kenya Coastal business and multi-cultural experience)