Cranbrook Tours and Travel is one of Kenya's leading tour operators, with a team of dedicated professionals who love this part of Africa and want to ensure that each person who travels through the company, experience the beauty of the place as our personal guest and not a tourist.
We take a personal interest in every tour right from the planning stage to completion. Our personalized service has been the real key to our success and we pride ourselves in this.
Our mission is to be a world class boutique tour and travel organization that is committed to perfecting the holiday and travel experience through personalized service we guarantee the highest quality, by offering authentic, elegant and unique surroundings and experiences and ensure customer satisfied, retained and loyal while creating an environment that encourages and epitomizes a culture of customer service.
Our company philosophy- which we share with our entire team- is one of quality of service and personal attention to each and every client.
Content and Role
- The role of the business development Associate is to expand Cranbrook Tours & Travel’s business. He/she will focus on identifying and securing new business and managing the relationship with these clients. Together with the travel consultant, they will ensure that the company provides excellent services to its clients.
- Given the nature of the work that Cranbrook does, the post holder will be required to have excellent customer care skills and from time to time represent the company and the interests of the company externally.
- The Business Development Associate will report to the Directors of Cranbrook Tours and Travel. He/she will manage a Business Development officer. As this role is about Business development, the expectations from the post holder are high and based on set targets which must be met. The post holder must be of high integrity and trustworthy.
- Graduate degree in Sale, Marketing or business-related course
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience in a similar role
- Resourceful, organized and motivated to increase sales, enhance the company's reputation, and look for new and creative ways to market our products.
- A background in sales or marketing is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of the Tours and Travel industry will be an added advantage.
- Ability to write and present himself/herself confidently and eloquently to clients and suppliers.
- Ability to identify potential clients and promote the organization products
- Excellent customer relations
- Familiarity with private sector, government sector and non-profit sector in order to identify potential clients and promote our products.
- Strong team-working skills and able to manage and support colleagues where required
- Reliable- should be of high integrity and can be trusted to execute work to the right standards and quality and to meet targets
- Rigorous – able to work under pressure yet deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy
- Innovative – investigative by nature and persistent in obtaining new information; offers ideas and solutions to issues
- Open – enthusiastic and willing to learn and develop, both individually and as part of a team
- Considerate and supportive – self-starter able to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Lead and be responsible for the company’s business development portfolio
- Conduct market research and identifying potential clients
- Secure new clients/business for the company against the agreed targets.
- Cultivate strong relationships with new clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Working closely with staff across departments to implement client relations and growth strategies for the company.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, client service and retention plans, and analyzing sales data to inform or update marketing strategies.
- Lead in the drafting of business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required.
- Identify new business opportunities and partners.
- Build strong working relationships with other members of the team, clients and suppliers
- Manage a Business development officer to support in executing the company’s business development portfolio
- Be aware of and take personal responsibility for any health and safety issues and obligations
- Uphold all aspects of Company policies and procedures and legal requirements in relation to personal conduct
- Familiarize with the company's vision and mission, seeking to accomplish set goals and objectives.
- Prepare weekly reports on progress and engage with management in meetings and performance management appraisals
- Maintain professional development
- Be proactive and be willing and committed to taking on new work as and when required
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Working Hours: 9am-5pm Monday- Friday (may be called upon during the weekends to attend to clients). During December, the office will be closed during the Christmas week, but employees are still required to work from home.
Contract termination: requires 1 month notice from employee
- 25 days plus all public holidays per year
- Leave request must be made on email to Office Manager, 1 week in advance. A maximum of 5 days continuous is allowed for leave.
- Sick leave/ or bereavement leave: allowed maximum of 5 days in a year- sick leave requires a doctor’s note in order to be authorised.
Reporting duties: Every week (Monday mornings) the post holder is required to submit a progress report on work done, achievement and challenges. As he/she is also responsible for managing a Business Development officer, the report should include progress of the person he/she is managing and takes full responsibility for the work done.
We have a duty to prevent illegal working by checking employees' documents, to ensure they have the right to work and that their credentials are legal and valid.
We are unable to offer sponsorship for cost of living expenses for our employees. They are responsible for their expenses including transport to and from work. Unless they are working out of their normal duty station for example when out for field work/ travel- the company will provide transport, accommodation and pocket money for meals.
Cranbrook Tours and Travel is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job holder receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status or disability.