Reports to: Sales Manager
Overview And Purpose Of Position:
The role is expected to have a focus on hunting new business and working towards providing security solutions to the clients. The role ensures an excellent client experience at all times and works in collaboration with the operation team to ensure smooth transition of accounts into the business. Reporting upon progress and undertaking demonstrable activity in working towards targets through alignment with agreed goals and KPI’s in retention of current clients and growth of business.
1. Achieves set revenue growth
- Achieve personal sales targets by developing new business with existing and potential clients.
- Take a solutions and consultative sell approach to ensure clients’ needs are accurately met.
- Create and implement a structured plan to achieve set targets.
- Develop and implement sales strategies.
- Undertake cold calling, ensuring that the number of calls meets call targets as set by management.
- Schedule and attend client meetings, ensuring that number of meetings meets targets as set by management.
- Participate in sales campaigns to drive revenue and increase business growth.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close and manage customer accounts.
- Prepare proposals and detailed costings and prepare contract documents for review by General Manager prior to negotiation with clients.
- Develop new business relationships.
- Present effective and professional presentations on Optisafe services and solutions.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline and ensure all sales administration is kept current at all times using the CRM.
- Develop, maintain and apply a high level knowledge of Optisafe portfolio of services and solutions.
- Report on sales, activity and performance as required by General Manager.
- Ensure activities comply with legal and ethical standards as well as Optisafe’s policies.
- Actively monitor market trends through personal contact with clients and industry associated meetings/events and seminars. Provide feedback to General Manager.
2. Delivers an outstanding client experience
- Deliver an excellent client experience at all times, ensuring client needs are met or exceeded.
- Proactive and responsive to clients and prospective clients.
- Deliver an outstanding sales process and sales support to clients.
- Proactively develop and improve processes to service clients.
- Offer assistance and explanation when difficulties arise ensure client complaints are followed up and that satisfactory solutions obtained.
- Manage customer contact cycle completing all existing customer visits and achieving company attrition targets.
- Management and retention of customer base within all defined territories.
- Resolve clients queries immediately as per the company standards.
3. Works in collaboration with the team, developing good working relationships
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with Optisafe team and all relating business teams.
- Effectively communicate client information and insights to concerned business teams.
- Ensure successful communication/works with all areas of the business.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and fellow Optisafe/Opticom & Optiwatch employees.
- Accurate transfer of information from the client to concerned or relating teams.
4. Ensures compliance with Opticom values, policies and standards, and ensures compliance will all statutory requirements
- Complies with all local legislative requirements.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Where appropriate keeps up to date with legislative requirements through membership of industry organisations.
- Ensures personal adherence to workplace health and safety requirements and either addresses or brings to Understands and complies with all company and legislative requirements.
- Acts in an ethical way when dealing with company assets and other people.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (PART B)
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Innovation
- Business Judgment
- Communication Skills
- Customer Focus
- Focus On Results
- Forward Thinking
- Strategic Leadership
- Developing Talent
- University degree in business or equivalent gained by experience.
- Field sales experience is desired and preferably with experience of selling service contracts in the b2b market.
- Health and Safety experience desirable.
- Experience of selling a solutions in a competitive environment required.
- Practical experience or high potential of Business Acumens.
- Full Kenyan driving licence.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
- Good organisation skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Confident and assertive
- Excellent customer service skills
- Focus on results
- Able to work as part of a team and build relationships with others