Reports To: General Manager, Africa Sales
KEY RESULT AREAS & ACTIVITIES
- Develop and achieve or exceed the sales volume/revenue goals targets as defined in the Business Plan for the Cluster
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for each country in support of Business Unit objectives
- Control/monitor the Sales budget to ensure optimum allocation of resources to different businesses/categories of the BU
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager to ensure marketing tools are provided to the trade to increase brand visibility and thereby achieve business objectives
- Coordinate the execution of marketing & promotional activities to derive maximum benefit out of such promotional initiatives.
- Analyze the impact of promotions and submit report to the General Manager for assessment and evaluation.
Market growth/Product development
- Conduct regular market visits to check route coverage and availability of company products in the market, track competitor’s activities & visibility
- Look for new business opportunities in order to safeguard the customer base and increase market share.
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network and route to market to ensure timely deliveries and superior levels of customer service.
Finance & Accounts
- Co-ordinate with Finance to ensure compliance with all financial policies in collections and receivables.
- Meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or Management preferably an MBA
- Professional qualification with an accredited body
- 6 - 10 years’ experience in sales of FMCG products, preferably in direct distribution channel.
- Sound Business and Financial acumen
- Excellent Sales track record
- Strategic Thinking
- Presentation+ Negotiation skills with excellent Leadership skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Excellent analytical skills
- Communication & problem solving skills
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Sales and Distribution Strategy Management