Our client is looking for a talented Business Development Officer.
The role entails 60% Business Development and 40% operations. The successful individual will be tasked with increasing revenue as well as assign and direct all work performed in the branch and supervise all areas of operation.
Gross Salary: 50k – 60k
Responsibilities for the Business Development Officer Job
- Direct all operational aspects including customer service, human resources, administration and business development
- Develop and implement marketing strategies & coordinate marketing activities for the branch
- Manage relationships and ensure the set customer service standards are upheld at all times
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective business opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet set goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
Business Development Officer Job Requirements
- A Degree/Diploma in Business Management or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years in Management
- Experience in Business Development is a must
- Experience in transport industry is an added advantage
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be very organized.
- Must have experience in product mix and selection.
- Must have had experience managing staff.
- Must be a team player.