The Business Development Representative (BDR) is an extension of the Field Sales generating qualified leads and sales opportunities through Telesales & outbound prospecting. In close collaboration with Account Executives, BDR establish prospecting plans for strategic accounts to uncover new business and grow existing customers.
Strong business acumen and the ability to quickly assess and understand a prospect or customer’s business environment and needs and apply the business value of the Company is essential to success in this role. Ideal candidates possess the aptitude to easily engage and establish rapport with executives, Procurement officers and other decision-maker(s) of Prospective Clients.
Key Result Area(s)
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating complaints developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to Management.
- Recommend changes in products, services and policy by evaluating result and competitive developments.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance.
- Able to make and present sales presentations/statistics.
- Keep Management/Line-Heads informed by submitting reports such as weekly work plans and monthly sales reports.
Desirable Skills & Competency
- History of effectively building/maintaining client relationships.
- Superior written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and numerical skills
- Experience conducting account mapping and developing prospecting strategy.
- Systematic but flexible, self-directed; can prioritize and manage multiple work streams.
- Perseverance; handles objections and rejection.
- Thrives in a competitive team environment.
- Intuitive with the capacity to hit the ground running.
Desirable Personal Attributes
- Personal ethics: Must be honest and have a high level of integrity.
- Result oriented: Enjoy being measured and judged by performance results.
- Mature temperament: Ability to work diplomatically, harmoniously and effectively with a diverse group of people.
- A 5-10 year work-experience in Business Development/Sales within, Graphic-art, Print & Publishing and/or Packaging print-industry will be an added advantage.