The Business manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the fresh products operation by providing the requisite leadership in the department. He / she will also be responsible for ensuring that the company meets and/or exceeds its fresh products quality, service and the department’s revenue performance and profitability goals as per the company’s budgets.
He / she should be an enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine passion for Fresh products and should preferably possess suitable experience in managing deli, bakery, butchery and other fresh products.
- Day-to-day management of the fresh food departments and counters.
- Training, development, and management of a team of staff.
- Continuously bringing forth new ideas to increase sales and standards of the department.
- Conducting regular meetings with staff and management of the fresh food departments
- Achieving all departmental and individual KPI’s and targets set by the company.
- Ensure all the principles of HACCP are in place and the required documentation is up to date.
- Excelling through annual health and safety audits.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Education, Experience and Specialist Knowledge Required
- Experience in fresh food management should be 2-3 years
- Strong leadership skills.
- Working experience in a fast-paced and fresh food orientated retailer
- Practical experience in managing a team of staff members.
- A proven track record in meeting KPI’s and targets.
- Fully HACCP and food safety trained / certified.
- Experience in dealing with health and safety audits, and excelling through such audits
- Ability to ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers across all company branches.
- Ability to respond to customer complaints or inquiries.
- Ability to solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication channels in the company.
- Ability to react to information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.