We are a strategy advisory and management consultancy startup based in Nairobi that specialises in business recovery, turn-around and transformation. The firm’s principals have over 30 years of experience in senior management and executive roles in different sectors in Kenya and are looking for the right individuals to build a team around to scale the business.
We are looking for a Business Process Analysis intern. The intern will work with the firm’s principals to build out the firm’s Business Process Analysis function and will have a leading role in helping to shape and reshape critical business processes in the different organisations that we work with. The successful candidate will be joining the firm before it takes off, and shall be expected to have the bandwith to take on additional or undefined responsibilities to support the growth of the startup.
The successful candidate shall be given a 3-month contract with the possibility of extension based on their performance and the organisation’s requirements.
Some of the responsibilities that the successful candidate may work on include the following:
- Process mapping: Developing process maps that illustrate the various processes, procedures, and workflows in an organisation (e.g. through observation, interviews, surveys, etc. and analysing and presenting the data using process mapping tools).
- Process analysis: Analysing process, procedure and/or workflow maps for gaps and/or weaknesses.
- Process improvement: Formulating new standards and/or process, procedure, and/or workflow changes for an organisation to drive performance improvement.
- Process design: Working with your supervisor and our clients to design the appropriate processes, procedures, and/or workflows required to deliver sustained performance improvement.
- Conducting field visits.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Has a bachelor’s degree (or is in the final year of school) in Commerce, Business, Finance, Engineering or other related field from a regionally or globally recognized university. An advanced degree is welcome but not required.
- Has previous internship experience.
- Is highly analytical with a high degree of competency in Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel/ Google Sheets. This shall be tested. Previous experience with diagramming software like Lucidchart or Microsoft Visio would be an added advantage.
- Is a critical thinker with the ability to break down problems, develop innovative solutions, and drive the implementation of solutions even in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit with qualities of being able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Is fluent in English with advanced verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate should be able to distil complex information and be able to figure out the best way to communicate with different audiences to get the desired results.
- Demonstrates humility.