GROOTS Kenya is a national movement of grassroots women comprising of over 3,500 women-led CBOs and SHGs. Our mission is to facilitate grassroots women’s effective engagement in development through movement building, leadership capacity development and advocacy. GROOTS Kenya is currently implementing a National Data Driven Advocacy campaign in the context of the SDGs Framework (SDG Mashinani)
2.0 Overall Task
- Analyze existing data (official and complementary) as guided by GROOTS Kenya and disaggregate it by gender.
- Avail the above-disaggregated data sets for building visualizations.
3.0 Specific Tasks
GROOTS Kenya seeks the services of a Data Analyst to carry out the following tasks:
· Engage GROOTS Kenya staff, review the set of pre-determined gender indicators and corresponding data sources.
· Compile the relevant existing data from relevant sources based on the pre-determined gender indicators
· Analyze and disaggregated the data by gender as appropriate
· Avail the analyses and disaggregated data sets for data visualizations
· Cooperate with the data visualization experts and online dashboard developer as guided by GROOTS Kenya
· An inception report
· A compilation of existing and relevant data in raw format
· Gender disaggregated data sets on identified indicators
· Data infographics from analyzed data sets
· A consultancy report
How to apply:
Interested consultants should submit the following:
- A technical proposal detailing;
· Understanding of the TOR.
· CV detailing experience in doing similar work
· 3 referees.
- A financial proposal including fees and other necessary costs
Send technical (Max 10 pages) and financial proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on 3rd July 2019. Clarifications regarding the term of reference can be sought by way of email addressed to;
Executive Director, GROOTS Kenya
Chief_Officer@grootskenya.org, not later than 27th June 2019.
NB: Consultants with experience in data analysis and demonstrated understanding of gender advocacy will have an added advantage