Designation: CASUALTY IN-CHARGE
Reports to: HOSPITAL MATRON
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure the emergency cart is well equipped and the records are duly completed.
- All the surgical and drugs used during the emergency should be recorded, put in the system and reimbursed immediately/regular checks.
- Identify the needs of patient/family/relatives to calm them down and be able to control the crowd
Monitoring and Evaluation-Documentation
- The casualty in-charge delegates and follows all the documentation on treatment/procedures of the patients to avoid any medical legal liabilities.
- Transfers. Any patient who has declined any treatment should be recorded and signed by the patient.
- Ensure all admission files are duly completed as per hospital protocols.
- Fills the nursing assessment form by initial head to toe assessment on all newly admitted patients by utilizing nursing process to identify care needs and documents it accurately.
- Ensures the patient pain is controlled and stability/comfort of the patient is maintained (use pain assessment score tool).
- Commences nursing care plans and documents every procedure performed, interventions done, medications given, date& time noted and duly signed and the name of the nurse written.
- All transfer forms (doctor & nurses transfer forms) should be duly completed and submitted to matron’s office.
- All valuables of patients are listed and handed over to cashier with acknowledgement of the cashier
- Strictly adheres to the infection control policy/procedures in the hospital.
- Ensures adequate linen in stock for changing. Liaises with the house keeper.
- Waste management policies are strictly adhered to. Liaises with the house keeper.
- Items/documents are well stored/labeled for easy retrieving during emergencies.
- The department should always be well arranged and cleaned ready to receive any emergency at any time.
- Maintains the patient environment for safety, cleanliness and proper functioning of the equipment which has been decontaminated and disinfectants labeled.
- All the nursing staff adheres to hospital code of dressing.
- Ensures no nurse is browsing on the mobile phones during the working hours and the team is alert and aware of the procedures all the time.
- Monitors all the admissions and ensures there is minimal time for the admission
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Business related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience 1 year in a similar role
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and work both collaboratively and independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with and influence individuals at all levels of the hospital
- Exceptional interpersonal and patient service communication skills
- Skilled at employing conflict resolution and service recovery strategies to resolve issues and appease patients.
- Ability to develop and drive policy