- Responsible for the products that come out of a kitchen from conception to execution in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Maintain and safe guard company equipment.
- Follow and maintain HACCP policies, procedures and sanitation guidelines.
NEED TO DO
- Identify problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of integrity.
- Maximize the productivity of the kitchen staff, who directly report to him.
- Maintaining impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards in the workplace.
- Responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave kitchen in a timely manner and ensure quality is maintained in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- Work closely with the Head Chef to modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes for the restaurant or other establishment.
- Perform many administrative duties, including ordering supplies and reporting to the head of the establishment.
- Oversee many diverse aspects of the restaurant and banqueting department.
- Manage and work closely with other cooks to determine food inventory needs.
- Involved in staffing of the kitchen, developing menu offerings, forecasting supply needs and estimating costs. Expected to make sure the restaurant meets all regulations, including sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Ensure continued efficiency of the kitchen and production of consistent, quality food. Duties also extend to front-of-house and operational issues, including accounting and scheduling.
- To work long hours to ensure that the restaurant is functioning properly at all times.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Front Office
- Accounting Office
REPORTING: Report to Head Chef
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Minimal Food Wastage.
- Minimal Customer complaints.
- Achievement of food cost 32%percent.
- Achievement of budgeted food sales and labour costs.
- Manage departmental costs against budget.
- Achievement of 100% guest satisfaction on food quality and consistency.
- Achievement of 100% resource utilization for equipment/ ICT usage and employee.
- Achievement of 100% flexibility on guest needs and wants; delivery of guest products and services in time.
NEED TO KNOW
- Certificate in Food Production
- Fully IT literate
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Minimum of three years in a similar role in a hotel
NEED TO BE (3-must, 2-should, 1-preferably)
- Team Leader (3)
- Excellent communicator(3)
- Self motivated (3)
- Flexible (2)
- Creative (3)
- Integrity (3)
- Ethics (3)
- Time Management (3)
- Attention to Detail (3)