We are currently looking for a chef whose key responsibilities will be the following:
- Plan menus;
- Direct and coordinate food or beverage preparation;
- Prepare and cook foods/meals of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions;
- Determine how food should be presented and ensure quality of meals;
- Determine food or beverage costs and estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients;
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies needed to ensure efficient operations;
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients;
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques to staff and be aware of changing culinary trends;
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards;
- Other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The key skills required are:
- High level of personal cleanliness;
- Must be thoroughly familiar with safety requirements, safe work practices and health regulations pertaining to food preparation and service;
- Enjoy cooking;
- Able to organise efficient work schedules;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written;
- Able to work as a leader and as part of a team;
- Punctuality and Excellent Time Management;
- Able to work under pressure and stay calm in difficult situations.
The qualifications required are:
- Diploma or Equivalent from a recognized culinary institute with at least three (3) years’ experience preferably Safari Camp.
Expected Gross salary 30,000.00