Industry: EXECUTIVE RIDES
Reporting to: Top Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and supervising the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations and overseeing financial and accounting systems controls and standards.
- Responsible for accurate accounting records and provide financial reports by performing full set of accounts and ensuring timely closing of accounts.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow, month end balance sheet, account reconciliation and analysis and management reporting.
- Review payment vouchers & journal entries for approval by top management.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the Company.
- Proactively analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems.
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Monitor inventory counts to ensure for accuracy and balance with accounting records.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives.
- Analyze general ledger account on a monthly basis.
- Supervise preparation of the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave).
- Review all statutory returns i.e. PAYE, VAT, NHIF, NSSF, NITA for approval by top management and ensure the same is submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain good relationship with bank, tax authorities, external auditor and related stakeholders.
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles in line with International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS).
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of Company accounting ERP System.
- Proactively contribute to Company Safety, Health and Environmental objectives by promptly reporting any health, safety or environmental hazards.
- Any other lawful duty assigned by management from time to time
Qualifications Education /Professional
- University degree in Financial Management or Accounting Certified public accountant with CPA (K), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants III(ACCA).
- Credit control skills.
- 10 years of progressive financial responsibility five of which should be managerial.
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail.
- High level of written and oral skills.
- Business negotiation skills especially with financial institution.
- Analytical approach and creativity in problem resolution.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems.
- Good knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures relating to payments process.
- Experience of using an ERP system and good MS Office skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to organize effectively, work under pressure with attention to detail, precision and accuracy.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to foster and thrive in a team environment.