The Chief Accountant plans, directs,
and conducts accounting activities within the accounting department by
performing the following duties, personally or through his team.
He lead and supervises his team who comprise of cashiers, accounts assistant and procurement officer.
Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Perform financial analysis and production of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports to management for review and decision making
2. Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
3. Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and implementation of company’s finance policies.
4. Preparing and analyzing financial records
5. Enters or directs the entry and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures in accordance with company policies and regulations.
6. Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
7. Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
8. Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
9. Provide guidance to the team as when needed.
10. Maintain record of the payroll of the firm/ employees with all the relevant details and payment processing of all payroll liabilities.
11. Custodian of the fixed asset register
12. Maintains record of all the property owned or rented or related to the business and safeguards the assets from misuse.
13. Management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables in line with hospital policies
14. Ensure all accounts payable are maintained within the agreed credit terms and respond to supplier queries
15. Ensure all accounts receivable are maintained within agreed contract terms and follow up on customer payments
16. Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
17. Evaluate accounting system and provide recommendations to management for performance improvements.
18. Review of accounting and administrative controls for efficiency and provide recommendations.
19. Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
20. Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
21. Budget preparation and expense management activities for the hospital.
22. Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
23. Maintain Compliance with all relevant regulation regarding tax and accounting.
1. 4 years’ experience working in accounts/finance department in medical industry
2. Strong leadership and management skills to think proactively and lead team strategically to effectively deliver hospital’s objectives
3. Strong MS office capabilities with bias in MS Excel
4. Ability to work independently with high level of attention to detail
5. Proficiency in use of hospital based financial systems and mastery of hospital financial operations
6. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
1. CPA (k) and registered with ICPAK
2. Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
3. State expectation pay