Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency was established on 3rd May 2019 vide Legal Notice No. 28 under the Water Act 2016 as a State Corporation. It is responsible for the development of water and sanitation infrastructure in its area of jurisdiction covering eight counties which include:- Kisumu, Kericho, Bomet, Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay and Siaya.
The Agency wishes to recruit self driven, result oriented, highly motivated and qualified persons to fill the following position.
REF: HR. 1/06/2019 - POST OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER.
The successful candidate will be on three (3) years renewable contract terms of service and will be reporting to the Board of Directors and be responsible for;
• The day to day operations and administration of the Agency.
• Formulation and implementation of the strategic plans, business plans, and annual operating budgets;
• Proper management of funds and property of the Agency
• Establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures.
• Coordinating and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Agency.
• Ensuring that there is effective communication between the management and the Agency as well as between different levels of management.
• Ensuring continuous improvements in the quality and value of services provided by the Corporation.
• Implementation and fulfillment of policies and agreed objectives, performance targets and service standards of the Agency.
• Organizing, controlling and providing leadership to staff.
• Attending to staff matters including organizational structures, appointments, welfare, training, industrial relations, separation and effective management of succession plans.
• Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
• Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenry.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:-
• Be in possession of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or any other relevant degree from a recognized institution.
• Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Must be a registered with a professional body and be a member of good standing.
• Have at least ten (10) years’ experience in management which includes a senior corporate management position in a busy organization
• Have experience in contract management and good administrative and leadership skills.
• Have proficiency in Information Communication Technology.
• Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on integrity and leadership. Please attach copies of compliance certificates from KRA, EACC and HELB and a certificate of good conduct from the CID,
If you meet the requirements for any of the above positions, please send your application attaching a detailed CV, certified copies of academic/professional certificates and testimonials stating your current position, remuneration and telephone contact by 17th July 2019, indicating “ Ref; No. of the specific job ” on the envelop to the following address. Applications should be submitted in both hard and soft copy to the Chairman, Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency, Lavictors House Off-Ring Road Milimani, P. O. Box 3325, Kisumu.
LVSWSB is an equal opportunity employer: Persons with disability, women and minority groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to the eradication of all forms of corruption in the Agency.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.