Position: Chief Finance Officer (CFO) -VERY URGENT (For a Large Manufacturing Company)
Employer: A Large Manufacturing Company
Ref No: SGK-CFO-03-2019
Job Category: Senior Management
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
- Masters Degree or equivalent is highly desirable.
- CPA-K or ACCA affiliate member.
At least 10 years post qualification progressive experience in a Manufacturing/FMCG enviroment.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, Chief Finance Officer (CFO) role is to direct and oversee all of the financial activities, overall financial management and systems
to include the
preparation of current financial reports and forecasts for future business
growth and oversee accounting, costing, procurement, tax planning as well as
develop strategies to maximize return on investment.
Other duties includes monitoring, controlling and reporting, supporting business, overseeing accounting systems & managing finance department by doing the following:-
- Ensure the timely
and accurate preparation of management reports, financial reports, audit, tax
returns and reports for Government regulatory agencies.
Put the necessary financial plans in place, including budgets and implementing appropriate budgetary controls.
- Develop financial
models and systems for the specific company business to enable efficient
monitoring of costs, business processes and profitability.
- Support other cost centers in budgets development.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and analysis, monitor working capital and convey these analyses to the CEO, and recommend on corrective actions where needed.
- Manage cash balances by initiating/executing appropriate actions including the investment of cash and inter-account transfers.
- Drive treasury management activities including foreign currency hedging, cash flow management, the investment of excess cash and management of company borrowings to enable the company to meet its financial obligations at all times.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, budgets, salary updates, ledger, payroll, account maintenance and data entry.
- Analyze and review aged accounts, accounts receivable, sales policy compliance, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze and recommend methods to improve cost effectiveness.
- Ensure adherence to limits contained in signed agreements with shareholders, financiers, clients and other key partners (e.g. limits for capital investments).
- Ensure compliance with local and national regulatory requirements: Check contracts for compliance, inform appropriate personnel about regulatory requirements, and monitor the company's compliance.
- Ensure compliance with both local and (where applicable) international accounting principles and the company’s Finance Manual.
Support the company's strategic planning and business review process as key member of the leadership team.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Maintaining relationships with the company's banks, suppliers and other service providers so as to ensure that the company receives timely, quality and cost efficient services at all times.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning and forecast initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Provide advice on pricing and capacity management strategy.
- Participate in developing new business and identify new financing opportunities.
- Assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas, and pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Act as primary liaison with the company secretary.
- Continually review and upgrade accounting systems and procedures in line with the company's operating systems, internal control requirements.
- Ensure compliance with taxation laws, including accurate computation, declaration and timely payment.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of the external auditor and ensure all audit issues are resolved.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Review and improve finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Coordinate company insurance, contracts and agreements, and legal areas and activities.
- Develop and implement risk management policies.
- Setting and evaluating performance standards for departmental staff.
Manage, motivate, recruit, select and evaluate financial staff.Provide guidance and training to financial staff in order to further improve their overall financial knowledge.