Who We Are
“Create a new game of recycling in emerging markets by changing the perception of waste”
When you look at a waste picker, what do you see? What do you feel? What do you think?
Do you smile and thank them for clearing the man-made mess on the streets and in our homes? Do you recognise their occupation as a noble venture that saves us from potential toxicity? Could they be just like you? With hopes, dreams and demanding waste collection schedules? At Mr. Green Africa, we acknowledge their value.
That being said, we have designed a human-centred business model that illustrates shared value at its best. Mr. Green Africa incentivises marginalised waste pickers and base of the pyramid stakeholders by offering premium prices and added benefits. This restores their dignity and alleviates poverty while at the same time providing a continuous supply of valuable recyclables to Mr. Green Africa.
Mr. Green Africa then processes the recyclable material into valuable raw material and feeds it back into plastic manufacturers’ supply chain to enable them to achieve circular economy goals, and benefit from raw material cost savings while simultaneously creating a positive environmental impact.
For this endeavour and journey ahead, we are looking for passionate people with a genuine heart, who also believe in this way of thinking and want to put their skills in a more purposeful working life.
About the role
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Mr. Green Africa’s finance team
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Cash cycle analysis and improvement plan
- Create monthly financial KPI report for timely tracking of performance, leveraging prior work done by Mr. Green
- Monthly review of performance against financial KPIs and analyse variance from targets, looking into root causes and identifying opportunities to improve performance
- Use in-depth cost analysis to provide increased transparency on cost centre performance, and major cost drivers
- Advise on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Ensure compliance with the Kenyan law and company’s policies
- Tax & fiduciary compliance
- Governance, controls & process improvement
- Financial risk & performance management
- Funding, treasury & FX exposure management
- Other analytical and operational support as required
Proven experience as Senior Finance Manager in the manufacturing or trading industry
Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
Ability to strategize and solve problems
Strong organisational skills
Excellent communication and people skills
A strong analytical mind
Knowledge of corporate finance law and risk management practices in Kenya, East Africa a plus
CPA (K) or ACCA is a strong advantage
BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus