Reporting into: Head of Jobs
Africa’s most user-centric and transparent career ecosystem.
Your Job Mission
To oversee all the activities of the Jobs Tech Team. You will be responsible for oversight of all aspects of engineering operations, service delivery, and management across the entire Jobs Tech Team. You will be tasked with articulating, setting, and delivering the vision and strategy ensuring the Jobs Tech Team is aligned with the business’s core vision, mission, and values. Setting the engineering department goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
We, the ROAM Jobs Core team, empower African job seekers through transparency and transform the markets in which we operate through technology. Our brands BrighterMonday and Jobberman currently operate in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria and Ghana.
We are proud to be the biggest and most transparent career platforms and we aim to continue to evolve by putting our users’ needs first and building user centric products to support some of the most important events in our lives.
- Fix bugs assigned during the sprint planning process.
- Design, innovate and solve complex problems inherent in operating a high scale classifieds platform.
- Play a key role in reviewing and approving work of your peers as part of the software development process.
- Use prescribed tools and work according to the established ROAM software development process.
- Work closely with system administrators and DBA’s
- Participate in the scrum process and daily stand-ups.
- Deliver software according to agreed timelines
- Seasoned communicator as regards technical and business/ functional aspects of assigned work.
- Be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Team player and willing to go beyond the call of duty when the need arises.
- Tenacity and the ability to solve complex software bugs.
- Keep abreast with industry trends, new technologies and best practise in the software development space.
- Constantly innovate and raise the bar of software quality.
- Proactively improve products, systems, processes
Skills and competencies
- 5 years’ experience in software development with at least 2 as a technical lead
- Experience with Laravel (v5.0 and later) and highly competent in software design patterns.
- Proficiency in MySQL, Redis, Memcached and related storage technologies.
- Competent with cloud computing, Amazon Web Services ideally.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, Git and Linux.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Disciplined and process-oriented, able to design and lead implementation of the best controls and processes.
- Organized, high energy, and results driven, capable of being a leader within the company.
- Superior problem-solving skills, ability to move quickly and assemble a team as needed to identify issues, root causes, and solutions.
- Able to work with a diverse team which includes remotely located staff and developers.
- Ability to explain technical matters to non-technical staff, board members, and outside parties.
- Lead a team and be responsible for effective coaching, development and goal setting, and be responsible for talent acquisition.
Apply with subject of your application to read "Chief Technology Officer".