We are currently looking for a Civil Engineer who will be in charge of supervising the company’s structural construction, installation, inspection and the infrastructure’s maintenance works in line with applicable standards and practices, with strict adherence to safety requirements and quality control.
· Preparing tender documents including Bills of Quantities.
· Identifying any problems with on-site work activities and providing solutions.
· Preparing programs of works and cost estimates.
· Attending site meetings and other stakeholder forums.
· Providing direction for construction activities.
· Valuating works done for payment purposes.
· Preparing weekly progress reports and other project documentation.
· Identifying and procuring suitable construction material.
· Supervising material testing during construction and preparing quality control reports.
· Analyzing configurations of the basic structural components of company structures and infrastructure.
· Calculating the pressures, stresses and strains that each component will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather and natural disasters.
· Considering the strength of various materials, e.g. concrete and steel among others to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
· Liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction.
· Examining structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure.
· Investigating ground conditions and analyzing results of site tests, such as soil samples.
· Liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected Structures are structurally sound. Applying expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures.
· Using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs
• A first Degree from a recognized institution in Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years working experience as a Civil Engineer
• Preferably a member of the Engineers Board of Kenya
• Experience working with KURA / KENHA and /or KERRA will be of an added advantage.