Accountability: Operational Process Support
· Acknowledging new claims and calling for requisite supporting documents/items
· Registering new claims
· Ensure that all claims reported are registered in line with the company procedures and reserved accordingly; and also ensure that reserves are periodically reviewed.
· Ensure that the allocated claims processes are performed within the time frames as agreed with clients, brokers and other departments to ensure service delivery.
· ·Ensure that service providers fee notes, invoices and Discharge vouchers are settled within the set TATs
· Assist and manage queries escalated by staff, brokers, clients or service providers to ensure timeous resolution.
· Liaise and visit brokers to build relationships
· Assist in the salvages disposal process.
· Ensure that all the cost containment strategies in claims department are adhered to.
· Collaborate with underwriting department on areas or actions that may minimize a loss or if action is recommended post a loss due to the risk.
· Escalate poor performing accounts to Head of claims for management
· Instructing loss assessors and investigators
· Examining loss assessment reports and recommending settlement or repudiation
· Confirming client’s premium payment status
· Preparing claim settlement offers and discharge vouchers
· Communicating Risk improvement measures to Underwriting Department
· Preparing claim payment vouchers for clients and service providers & credit notes
· Writing cheque forwarding letters and sending them to the dispatch desk
· Preparing debits for excess and recoveries
· Writing demand letters
· Revising reserves
· Handling facultative recoveries and payments
· Compiling monthly and annual reports for the IRA and other interested parties
· Responding to letters and forwarding them to dispatch desk for distribution to clients, intermediaries, service providers and third parties
· Approving claims settlement within agreed limits (signing authority)
· Attending to walk in clients and via telephone
Role / Person
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor of Commerce (Insurance Option) degree, or a related business degree, from a reputable university.
At least 3-5 years’ experience in a busy underwriting or claims department
At least 3 papers and good progress in
CII Diploma in Insurance (UK)
IIK Diploma in Insurance (Kenya)
Knowledge & Skills:
High level of PC literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
Knowledge of basic financial/accounting concepts
Basic accounting knowledge
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
Personal and Interpersonal skills
Decision making skills
Relationship and networking skills
Persuading and Influencing skills
Ability to work under pressure
Change management skills