Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects in terms of Customs Clearing Ensuring that purchased goods are delivered
- Warehousing facilities before the goods are transported to docks.
- Handling documentation related to the shipments, including insurance forms and dispatch forms. Keeping track of route information and verifying that the carrier used is properly licensed.
- Ordering containers which will be used for packaging cargo to be delivered to the right locations, and researching freight rates.
- Booking of shipping space or air freighting and advice on the relative cost of sending goods by sea and air
- Attending to all queries to ensure a smooth service Customer liaising and chasing of clearance Documents Framing all types of Port Documentation Permit Applications and Necessary Certificates File management/keeping and invoicing as per company policies Assisting with / guide on quotations accountabilities
- Effective coordination, clearing and delivery of Cargos Customer feedback with regard to service levels of a high degree
- Ensuring deadlines are met Maintaining constant communication with customers, clients, suppliers and statutory authorities.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar position or equivalent to
- Have a Diploma/ Degree in clearing and forwarding or equivalent experience
- Experience in customs clearance
- Must be ICMS Conversant
- Proper understanding of E.Africa customs Management Act
- Should be above 30 years of age
- Good communication skills
- Very proactive individual
- Complex Problem Solving