Clearing & logistics officer duties:
- Audit the documents and email sent from purchase department in Lebanon in order to proceed with clearing process.
- Issue insurance policy that covers the transportation of the shipment from the port to the warehouse.
- Request the shipment documents from the head office for confirmation.
- Prepare duty letter and authority letter in order to be sent to the bank.
- Submit the shipment documents in addition to the clearing agent, after confirming the clearing agent that will handle the process.
- Request the duty payment from the clearing agent after the berthing of the shipment.
- Update the shipping report on daily basis.
- Follow up with clearing agent on the process, and make sure it does not exceed the free days to prevent demurrage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in clearing and forwarding
- Experience in international clearing and forwarding
- Knowledge and understanding of clearing and forwarding regulations
- Good communication skills and positive attitude
- A Reliable, honest person of good Integrity
- Must be computer literate