Reporting to: Senior Manager, Client Service, RMS
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. The company is an S&P 500 company, and has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. Working for Nielsen means you have all the benefits of working for a local company, as well as the opportunities and structure of a global business. As a leader in marketing and media information, we are one of the most trusted sources of business and consumer intelligence for the world. We succeed as a company because we invest in our products, our people, and the communities in which we live and work.
This is a challenging and exciting role which involves maintaining a Client Service mindset in understanding the needs and issues of stakeholders, analyze data, share meaningful and valuable insights, present and report data to clients.
Key Accountabilities For This Role Include
- Deliver analyses, charts, and reports that are clear, concise and meaningful to clients. Engage effectively with multiple clients at a time, to ensure that deliverables meet/exceed expectations of timeliness and quality.
- Assist in sales-related activities in conjunction with the Manager, in terms of preparation of proposal and credential presentations.
- Communicate client needs to appropriate team members.
- Ensure client service deliverables are aligned with regional client service standards.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of research techniques and applications.
- Integrate multiple data sources to answer business issues.
- Perform quality checks on all reports for alignment, accuracy, and correctness.
- Ensure standard operating procedures within area of responsibility are observed.
- Successful candidates can look forward to a comprehensive training program.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Must
- Demonstrate numerical confidence and the ability to translate numbers/data into insights and recommendations.
- Have strong attention to detail in order to perform work accurately and effectively.
- Be able to analyze data and summarise it into a story.
- Have a commercial mindset and be focused on understanding the needs of clients and how to meet them.
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Be good at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills
- University degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Statistics or a related field;
- Passionate in market intelligence, research analysis or FMCG industry is an advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- Highly competent in MS Excel and PowerPoint (pivot tables, functions, charts);
- Aptitude for numbers and meticulous;
- Resourceful problem-solving and collaborative team player;
- Experience in solution and process automation by leveraging technology;
- Client-oriented with good people skills; you will interact with a diverse group of clients;
- Able to prioritize a varied workload, to manage concurrent deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Good presentation and analytical capability.
We believe in making things open, connected, useful and personal. The spirit of our values is rooted in our more than 90-year history.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!