Duties and responsibilities
- Taking history, examining, diagnosing and treating patients’ common ailments at an outpatient or inpatient health facility.
- Implementing Community Health Care activities in liaison with other health workers.
- Guiding and counseling patients, clients, and staff on health issues.
- Sensitizing patients and clients on preventive and promotive health.
- Carrying out minor surgical procedures as per training and skill.
- Collecting and compiling clinical data.
- Referring patients and clients to appropriate health facilities.
- Teaching and mentorship of human resources for health at various levels.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Be a holder of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and Community Health from a recognized institution.
- Be a registered member of the Clinical Officers Council.
- Possess a valid practicing license from the Clinical Officers’ Council.
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
- Certificate not being used elsewhere as superintendant
- Not more than 45 years of age.
- Available immediately.