At Oracle, we are changing the world by leading a digital transformation! We help our 400,000+ customers in more than 145 countries to go beyond developing digital potential to using it to achieve, grow and compete; to think, act and be Business Digital.
· We do it by delivering innovative services that let them do more, know more and spend less.
· We integrate every layer of the technology stack to speed time to value, maximize performance and minimise cost.
· And, we commit to meeting the needs of our customers and ensuring their success through their journey.
For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle Cloud Platform & Security Solution Architect
The Cloud & Security Solution Architect is a senior-level technical pre-sales role that will partner closely with Oracle Sales to develop new business, as well as to position Oracle Solutions at the heart of the largest transformations. This will include a strong focus on solutions based on Oracle Cloud Services.
Oracle Solution Architects bridge the gap between business and technology, speaking the value language of business and technology C‐level individuals. They combine an understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives that meet the business objectives of our customers.
Architect will work with specified sales people to discover and develop solution driven opportunities at our customers.
Applicants should be experienced technologists with experience of designing cloud solutions with Oracle, Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
Solution Architect Engagements with Customers Include:
· Building trusted advisor status with key technology executives and decision makers
· Architecture Discovery and Capture
· Architecture/Solution Design and Presentation
· Solution Sizing and Configuration
· Roadmap Presentations
· ROI/TCO Analysis and Presentation
· Reference Selling - Customer References, Performance Benchmarks, Reference Architectures, Optimized Systems
· Demos of database, cloud (IaaS and PaaS), big data, middleware, integration and security products
· Lead and execute customer discovery with a cloud first mindset, helping customers realize benefits of an Oracle cloud-based architecture
· Design, validate, and present Oracle Cloud solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
· Interact with all roles at customer, including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and business representatives
· Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions.
· Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture
· Provide detailed sizing and associated justification
· Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption
· Provide roadmap and migration methodology and identify quick wins
· Advise on organizational impact of solutions
· Broad background including architecture, implementation and delivery of large-scale hardware and software systems in real-world situations
· Ability to articulate the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) with modern terminology and relevance.
· Knowledge of full cloud security area is a must
· Knowledge of Oracle stack including, ideally, Oracle Public Cloud Services or our cloud competitors including AWS and Azure
· Knowledge of Oracle database and middleware technology
· Wide knowledge of IT market and trends
· Knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, information management, big data, Java applications, Oracle and non-Oracle applications
· C-level presentation experience
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and
specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business.
Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through
presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).