Kenya Children’s Home (KCH) was
established by the Balcraig Foundation in 2002 when the Scottish charity took
over the running of the former Thomas Barnardo House in Nairobi. The orphanage
is the flagship project of KCH and is home to up to 200 orphaned, destitute and
abandoned babies and children at any one time.
Since its inception,
KCH has grown significantly, extending its support far beyond the reach of the
Nairobi orphanage, with the commencement and development of many other
community projects throughout Kenya. These projects continue to enrich
the lives of many hundreds of Kenyan children and adults every day
Title: Commercial Manager
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all KCH
fund raising projects and helping the organization to attain financial
- Research, collection and analysis of data
for continuous assessment of the projects.
- Provide 3 year plan and or projection for
both existing and new proposed projects.
- Ensure the projects remain viable by
- Ensure growth by at least 15% per annum on
the entire portfolio
- Identify opportunities for business
expansion by exploring new projects and markets.
- Advise the management on the yearly
projections by participating in preparing operating budgets.
- Ensure that deadlines are adhered to and
risks are well managed.
- Respond and manage the economic changes
likely to affect profitability of projects.
- Preparation of the department’s monthly financial
- Develop accurate and
consistent bids with the help of relevant departments
- Manage daily operations, production and sales planning.
- Participate in all the organization’s
activities as may be called upon to.
- To contribute in identifying and
undertaking initiatives aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of
contribute to fully integrated and flexible operations in order to provide a
good customer service.
- To work with and support other team
members as required ensuring an effective and efficient service is developed
Qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge required
- Educated to degree level
in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field.
- At least 5 years proven commercial and sales
- Demonstrable ability to
communicate, present and influence effectively across all levels within the
- Client, quality and results oriented.
- Team leadership.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple
- Excellent listening, negotiation and
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent report writing
skills and proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent planning and
- Ability to work
effectively under pressure