Who we are
Alphajiri Limited is a social business enterprise developing an ecosystem to improve smallholders' lives in poverty through various services. One of the services is to secure the market for farmers’ produce. In order to purchase various items from them, in August 2019, we launched “Alpha-Delivery service,” a vegetable & fruits delivery service to restaurants / hotels / schools / other institutions in Nairobi so that we always have vast channels to distribute farmers’ produce.
Our delivery products are over 100 vegetable and fruits items, and we are currently trying to expand the items to meat and fish products.
Currently, some of our products for Alpha-Delivery come from individual farmers in Nyeri and Mau Narok branches. Also, individual farmers deliver their produce to our store, but many items are not yet directly sourced from the farm, so we purchase them from different markets in Nairobi, such as Marikiti and City Park Market. The final goal is to source everything directly from farmers, majorly from "Alpha-Chama," our farmers groups through which the company is trying to give various services to smallholders. (Alpha-Chama groups are active in Migori Branch and they grow soybeans, which has different supply chain besides Alpha-Delivery)
Position title: Commercial Vehicle Driver (Hiace, pickup, heavy vehicle trucks)
Duty Station: Nairobi
Start date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months contract first. When the performance is good, permanently employed with 3 months probation
Duties and responsibilities
The person in this position will be mainly required to engage in the following;
- Transport farm produce from Nairobi markets and farms nearby Nairobi to the company store
- deliver sorted and arranged vegetables / fruits in crates from the company store to restaurants in Nairobi
- Transport other goods from different places to the store Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Drive a vehicle from the store to restaurants in Nairobi considering the delivery time specified by customers using the most efficient routes
- Drive a vehicle to transport farm produce from Markets and farms. Assist colleagues to check and count goods at loading / offloading so that there is no mistake
- Assist loading / offloading goods Delivery of goods directly to customers and cash collection from customers when the responsible persons are not available
- Maintenance of the vehicles to be in a good condition
- Assist cleaning of the company store
- Assist all the activities related to Alpha-Delivery services such as customer care, cash collection, and contribute ideas/suggestions at team meetings.
- Able to work from night time (earliest from 2am for preparation of delivery)
- English writing, speaking, and reading skills
- Sufficient years of experience as a driver (over 3 years is preferable)
- Able to use smartphone, Google Map, and other phone app
The successful candidate should be like;
- Challenge any kind of jobs beyond main responsibilities
- Have a sense of responsibility
- Flexible to any changes (This is a start-up company, directions always change and must respond to changes quickly)
- Reflect yourself well and positively try to improve
To APPLY please send the below information to us through this website.
- Cover letter writing “WHY you are interested in Alphajiri / this position”
Please do NOT talk about your academic / work history in the letter because such information can be easily found from CV.
2. Curriculum Vitae – no more than three A4 pages
Reference to know more about the company: