The successful candidate would be required to design & implement marketing strategies that cultivate a relationship with media, engage target audience & build external & internal communication. He/she must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role. Candidates with a background in working with the education or hospitality sector would have a distinct advantage.
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Engage audiences across traditional & new media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results every quarter.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters, etc.).
- Proven experience as Communications /PR/Digital/Marketing specialist.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience.
- Experience in web design & content production is a plus.
- Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Outstanding organisational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English.
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field.
- Candidates with experience working in education or hospitality sector will have a distinct advantage.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 150,000 – 200,000 /= (Approx. USD 1,500 – 2,000) depending on skills and experience.
Position level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Tatu City, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th June 2019.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***