To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep passion for social media, stay abreast with new developments and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker. You must have an outgoing personality as in-person networking will also be part of the job.
Community Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop a content plan.
- Create engaging content for all platforms, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and videos.
- Engage with online community and respond to comments and requests.
- Analyze web traffic and relevant community metrics.
- Relay community feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Devise and implement community communication initiatives.
- Liaise with other departments to stay updated on new marketing initiatives, product and service developments, and to ensure brand consistency.
- Attend networking events or relevant industry workshops.
- Liaise with external agencies or journalists to ensure accurate brand representation.
- Setting up tracking systems for marketing campaigns, marketing projects and online activities.
Community Manager Requirements:
- A degree in communication, journalism, marketing or related field required.
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube is essential.
- Knowledge of Hootsuite or similar programs to manage online postings on different platforms.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- At least two years' experience managing social media platforms.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
- Superb time management skills.