Reports To: Centre Manager (administratively) and Medical Superintendent (functionally)
Vision: To Be the Preferred Choice of Healthcare and Medical Service Provider by Saving and Enriching Lives
Mission: To Provide Affordable and Quality Healthcare and Medical Services that is Accessible to all.
Core Values: Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Teamwork, Quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining patients’ teeth and mouth.
- Assessing dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyzing x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Taking, developing and mounting radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertaking general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Cleaning teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
- Filling-in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Providing instructions on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Documenting patient complete dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Documenting lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Supervising staff and clinic processes
- Recommending and ensuring cost effective buying of equipment and supplies and maintain proper bookkeeping of the same.
- Keeping up-to-date with new developments within the profession maintaining patient dental records.
- Ensuring that established procedures are adhered to in order to maintain quality assurance in delivery of oral health services.
- Ensuring all procedures are correctly billed to capture revenue.
- Monitor adherence to the standardized hazardous and other waste disposal techniques.
- Actively participate in projects of quality healthcare such as CME’s, health talks, rational prescription audits, mortality audits, medical camps.
- Maintaining stock control procedures for the dental services to ensure accountability
- Prepare and submit reports on community oral health services and activities in a timely manner.
- Maintain Informed consent records.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Diploma in Community Oral Health
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy Hospital.
- BLS Certification
- Excellent communication skills - English and Kiswahili
- Wide knowledge of the health industry.
- Good Management Skills