- Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Community Health
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience in a busy hospital.
- Registered as a Community Oral Health Officer with the regulatory body.
- Valid Practicing License.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine patients’ teeth and mouth.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyze x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Take, develop and mount radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Clean teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
- Fill in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Provide instruction on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Make impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Document patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Document lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Supervise staff and clinic processes
- Recommend and ensure cost effective buying of equipment and supplies and maintain proper bookkeeping of the same.
- Keep up-to-date with new developments within the profession
- Maintaining patient dental records
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by your superiors from time to time.