- The COHO will be responsible with handling all oral health matters for all our clients according to the stipulated procedures.
- Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Examine patients’ teeth and mouth.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyze x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Take, develop and mount radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Clean teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
- Fill in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Provide instruction on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Make impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Community Health
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience in a busy hospital.
- Registered as a Community Oral Health Officer with the regulatory body.
- Valid Practicing License.
- Must have a work permit and license to practice in Kenya if a foreigner from KMPD Board
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Able and willing to work outside normal hours when necessary
- Review pre-operative settings and make sure that the dentist has what is required to carry out dental procedures; i.e. provide necessary help to the dentist, including mixing materials, trimming, and polishing dental casts.
Deadline for application: 26th September, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.