- be in-charge of hospital dental department
- Managing community oral health services in hospital i.e. coordinating the provision of oral health supplies
- Managing oral health clinics by organizing and scheduling clinic days
- Managing patient flows and referrals
- Ordering dental materials and equipment and instruments for use at the hospital dental unit
- Participating in oral health demonstrations, exhibitions and giving lectures to community and schools
- Diagnosis and treatment of common dental conditions, temporary and permanent restorations, reducing simple fractures of jaws and extractions
- Initiate, develop and implement appropriate policies and methods that would result in improved community oral health standards
- Attend departmental meetings and share challenges and successes of the department
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Diploma in Community Oral Health Management.
- Proven experience in the Dental Unit
- Atleast 6 years’ experience in dental services.
- MUST be registered with relevant professional body.
1. Knowledge of dental procedures
2. Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures
3. Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO) and regulations for the dentists and technologists field
4. Proficient in MS Office and computer systems
5. Excellent communication and people skills
6. Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
7. Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts