CMMB is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, CMMB has worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers. As part of its new global strategic platform, CMMB is focusing on women’s and children’s health. With partners, CMMB delivers sustainable health services in targeted communities around the world. In Kenya, CMMB has been operating since the year 2003
CMMB Kenya has a finance and operations manual which was last reviewed in August 2014. Due to the rapid change in operational environment as well increased need to align to the changing donor requirements, there is need to review and update our financial and operations policies and procedures, so that we are in compliance with International accounting standards as well 2CFR200 requirements. There is also need to ensure that throughout CMMB Kenya, there are adequate financial management and operation systems in place both at National Office and the field office.
To review and update the existing financial, procurement and operations policies, procedures of CMMB Kenya manual and develop improved processes in line with international best practices to ensure that the overall financial management system of CMMB Kenya is clearly documented, strengthened and robust.
The Finance and Operations policy manual should be prepared for the CMMB Kenya accounting in compliance with statutory provisions, accounting and auditing standards issued by IFRS, best practices as well as 2CFR200 requirements.
Scope of work
Carry out an assessment of the existing financial management system, procurement and operations procedures and practices and identify gaps and areas which may require improvement and strengthening. After the assessment and with the input of management, develop a comprehensive finance, Procurement and operations manual.
The following steps will be carried out consequent to this:
- Review the existing Finance and operations manual and identify gaps and weaknesses with reference to International best practices and 2CFR200.
- Based on the Review, propose and develop a draft comprehensive Finance and operations manual
- Obtain and integrate comments from management and staff into the Finance and operations manual
- Review finance and operations templates and forms and develop improved templates
- Consolidate all the Finance, operations and procurement policies, procedures and practices in one document for ease of reference.
- Facilitate the training of management and staff on the new policies and procedures
The assignment will be undertaken within one month
The proposed payment schedule linked to the deliverables is as follows:
- 20% upon signing work agreement and submission of acceptable inception report and work schedule
- 40% upon submission of the draft consolidated finance and operations manual with views from management
- 40% upon submission of the final consolidated finance and operations manual after integrating comments from management
- An Inception report detailing the proposed methodology and agreed workplan submitted within 5 days from the date of signing of the contract
- Draft consolidated finance and operations manual with templates/forms with views of management
- Final consolidated finance and operations manual with templates/forms after integrating comments from management in one document in hard and soft copy on flash disk in both MS word and PDF format
- Training workshop for staff on the new policies and procedures manual and report of the same.
CMMB Kenya shall make available to the consultant office working space and all internal office policies, procedures, manuals etc. necessary for review and for timely completion of the manual. The Manual shall cover the activities performed by the Finance and Administration department including interfaces with other departments.
The consultant will report to Country Director through the Senior Manager, Finance and Administration. The Senior Manager will act as the first contact person for the consultancy.
Qualifications & Experience Required
The consultant should be a professionally qualified individual or a professional firm that has been providing related consultancy services for a minimum period of five (5) years.
The consultant should have experience in providing consulting services in the field of design and development of Finance and Accounting, Operations, Procurement, financial management information systems, including design, development and implementation of manuals.
The lead consultant must have an Accounting Degree/Professional Qualification in Accounting/Finance
Previous experience in the setup/review of Financial Systems for NGOs will be required
How to apply:
Interested candidate/s should submit:
- Expression of Interest outlining motivation, relevant experience and suitability for the consultancy
- An outline of the methodology proposed for the assignment
- A sample of previous work relevant to the assignment
- Contact details for two referees
- The cost of the consultancy
A soft copy of the application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver hard copies to CMMB office at Jumuia Place, Lenana road-Nairobi