REPORTING TO: MEDICAL SUPERINTENDENT
To offer clinical and administrative leadership , Nursing unit, Clinical Officers, - to ensure safe and excellent quality services efficiency and best possible according to the set Standard Operating Procedures, ethics and professional standards/ requirements. Will perfom surgeries and procedures in theatre and be involved in post-operative care of the patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow the best medical protocols, technical standard and processes in order to provide best care to the patients and shall perfom your professional duties without any breach of bye laws and/ or regulations as applicable.
- Make your services available in accordance with the needs/ requirements of the management.
- Provide outpatient consultations.
- Perform surgeries and procedures at the Hospital. Will be in charge of all General Surgery procedures in theatre.
- Post- operative care of patients through proper follow up of medication and dressings.
- Be available for rotational call including emergency services in your specialty on priority basis
- Keep yourself updated in terms of knowledge and new developments in medical science through participating in all academic activities such as C.M.Es, conferences, seminars, publications of articles undertaken by the Hospital, and as advised by the Hospital Management from time to time.
- If required, your services can be extended as a trainer or faculty in line with your specialty.
- Make your services available for emergency duties including in ambulances which would include transferring or receiving critically ill patients
- Provide clinical assistance and consultation of the patients at the Hospital.
- Deciding on the best way to treat patients and to prescribe medication relevant to the patient. Render professional services independently to the best of your ability as per best medical practices.
- Conduct yourself in a manner befitting the dignity of your profession with proper grooming and proper mannerisms