- Should have good news judgement and be able to write good news angled articles
- Produce news copy fast and with minimum supervision
- Telling a story which is reflected in your copy
- Write hard-hitting business stories per assignment and develop feature length stories about the people and issues affecting our community and families.
- Use excellent verbal communication skills as well as excellent listening skills, when interviewing sources, and taking brief regardless of the medium.
- Ability to do research work
- Researching writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Determine the goals of research project as well as research methods and other test parameters.
- Review and analyze data during the course of given project
- Writing various technical and non-technical reports on economic trends and forecasts to inform the press and public
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues clients and the media
- Bachelors degree in mass communications or public relations/ Journalism
- Graduate degree in Economics will be added advantage
- Strong writing skills, proof will be required
- Project management skills
- A minimum of two years’ experience in similar position
- Knowledge and experience in media relations
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to convey complex ideas to people with varying levels of economic expertise
- Qualitative data research skill