The Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst will be responsible for:
• Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
• Analyzing data collected and recording results
• Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
• Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
• Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
• Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
• Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
• Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
• Maintaining Cost Accounting System
• Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
• Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
• Reconciles finished goods inventories
The right Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst will have the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting
• Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
• Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
• Experience with MAPICS a plus
• Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
• Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports