Job Location: Ethiopia
Reporting to: MD Kenya, HOA & Uganda
Business Travel Needs: Frequent international travel, approximately 30% of time.
- New business development will involve prospect for potential clients and convert into increased business revenues and create a robust pipeline of opportunities in existing market through various go-to market channels (Retailers, distributors etc)
- Client Retention: The role will be required to maintain existing relationships with current clients & extract more value through new propositions
- Partner with key stakeholders to support d. light to conduct relevant market research to support Senior Leadership in decision making at the country level
- Overall responsibility for d. light Brand image and positioning within the designate country (assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the country)
- Oversee the media assets on behalf of d. light within the designate country and ensure the business gains a strategic advantage on target media point (print & online presence)
- Lead & create a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality team members
- Responsible for the County’s P & L.
- Attainment/ surpass of set sales target in the designate country
- Growth of market share in the designate country
- Zero churn of existing clients
- d.light brand positioning to be among the top 5 in the designate country
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in sales & marketing. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales with demonstrated success as a Senior Business Leader working with a cross-culture team preferably in the Fast Moving & Consumer Goods or Telecom sector
- Experience in working with senior teams to develop & execute the sales strategy of a mid-size or large corporate with operations at a country level
- Accredited Membership to professional bodies/ associations in the designate country are desirable.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity (utilization)
- Strong mind set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- Experience leading in a fast-paced environment (preferably in a sales organization or high-tech organization), partnering with senior business leaders
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Business driven, people focused, with exceptional influencing skills; Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, presentation and time-management skills
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter before 28th December 2019.
About d. light
Founded in 2007 as a for-profit social enterprise, d. light manufactures and distributes award-winning solar products designed to serve the more than 2 billion people globally without access to reliable electricity. With operations across Africa, Asia and the Americas, d. light has impacted close to 100 million lives with its products and solar solutions. For more information, visit www.dlight.com.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.