Location: 100% Homabay
Reports to: Construction Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Want to work in fantastic environment for our employees where you have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally? Want to work where the importance of individual and team contributions to the success the company is recognized?
Then you should come join us at Victory Farms as Crane Driver.
The Employee’s duties and procedures which may be varied from time to time, will include amongst other responsibilities that arise during the day to day business of the Company the following:
- Working in conjunction with Construction team in the assembly and disassembly of the crane at the job site.
- Performs routine maintenance on crane and vehicle, such as aligning cables, maintaining hydraulic pipes, monitoring oil and fuel levels, greasing moving parts, checking all bolts and attachments, washing the machine, etc.
- Communicate with Supervisors concerning scheduling of tasks and assignments of daily priorities.
- Move product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store in appropriate area.
- Operate an overhead crane (10 and 20 ton) and lift a variety of products and equipment.
- Verify counts and product transported and/or received.
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits, housekeeping procedures and adhering to safety policies.
- Perform special projects and other job-related duties as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Two years overhead crane operation experience.
- Two years lift truck experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good safety record.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritize work load.
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers, and ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Should show a high level of responsibility and integrity to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Good problem-solving skills to work in a dynamic environment.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in sub-Saharan Africa over the next 5 years. The Company will achieve this whilst maintaining the highest code of environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards for sustainability and following best practice, while growing to feed millions of people across Africa.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both onshore and offshore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County. The company has distribution capacity throughout Kenya, and we are rapidly expanding the farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing to keep pace with the rapid growth in production from the farm. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms.
Please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.