Position: Credit Accountant (Credit Controller) -Commercial Company
A Leading Manufacturing and Distribution Company
Ref No: SGK-CA(CC)-05-2019
Industry: Commercial Sector
Job Category: Middle Management
- Full CPA (K)/ ACCA or equivalent qualifications and a university degree in Accounting/Finance/ Business or a related field.
- Strong business acumen/awareness and people management skills.
- Advanced Computer skills with excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
- At least 5 years of practical and progressive Credit experience in a busy commercial organization.
- Experience in use of SAP ERP is essential to the role.
Credit Accountant (Credit Controller) takes responsibility for the assessment of new business proposals
with the regular review and assessment of existing exposures/customer
portfolios across the business.
He/She will perform the following duties:-
- Contribute to the development/refinement of credit strategy, policy and processes.
- Validate sales revenue; manage invoicing within established deadlines including posting collections, drawing up records, auditing invoices and performing end-of-month closings.
- Involve the sales team in risk management and collection of overdue payments, providing them with appropriate information (customer account balance, solvency, etc.).
- Ensure timely dispatch of all statistics, records, commented balances to relevant parties; Prepare and submit regular reports to the Finance Manager as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate receivables and collections reporting including, but not limited to, cash collections and forecasting and DSO calculations
- Handle client complaints as well as negotiating settlement terms for payments overdue; effectively manage account/invoice disputes, both internally and externally in order that disputes are resolved within the agreed SLAs.
- Monitor debt age balance and enforce customer credit limit terms throughout the business; Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to limit exposure.
- Conduct regular reconciliation exercises with the accounting department.
- Carry out credit checks on new customers and advise on credit limit allocations.
- Ensure that all documentation necessary during audit is prepared on time and forwarded to the Financial Accountant for inclusion in the audit file.
- Comprehensive debtor management including assessment of risk and opportunities to improve company cash flow.
- Have overall responsibility for all sales ledger billing for the business.
- Check to ensure all payments received are correctly accounted and allocated in the system.
- Develop and maintain strong working relations with the sales and operations departments.
Expected salary:- Kshs. 100,000 - 150,000 plus generous company benefits