Department: Sales Department
Position reports to: National Sales Manager
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Analysis and interpretation of sales data /information that aids in prompt and effective decision making.
- Provide support to field sales staff.
- Monitoring of sales team performance to ensure they achieve set targets and operate within set guidelines.
- Maintain and analysis of an update to date customer list that captures the sales activity of all retail customers serviced by the van Representatives and foot soldiers identifying opportunity gaps.
- Overseeing customer’s accounts to ensure that the sales team keep them within the trading terms and corrective action is taken where applicable.
- Ensure all retail customers carry adequate stocks to enable across the range pull through, by both the van promoters and foot soldiers.
- Ensure all orders are delivered on time and also ensure that customer complaints and queries are addressed promptly.
- Management of the sales forecasting process (in conjunction with Marketing and Sales) that seeks to achieve the sales objective, proper product mix eliminates out- of – stock/Over –stock/obsolescence.
- Timely liaison with the production staff to ensure they prepare the required product mix.
- Maximization of operating profit by assisting sales managers in controlling selling costs (including motor running, night out allowances, conferencing and sales-men commissions) and other approved account investments (rebates,discounts,offers,trade promotions e.t.c) and initiation of corrective action required.
- Trade Marketing Appraisals ROI/Reviews
- Recommending on Sales Department and training.
Context and Environment
The Company operates in a very competitive market. It blends very high quality flavored teas; packs and distributes. The Company prides itself as the producer of the best quality black tea in the world by virtue of its
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A graduate from recognized university with a degree in business related fields.
- 3 years F.M.C.G experience in sales administration/Customer Service.
- Knowledge of base-line general management (sales and marketing principles).
- High level of numeracy and ability to understand and analyze.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Bias for action (with positive return).
- Computer literacy with fluency in major office software packages.
- Exposure and experience with ERPs
Key Success Factors
- Meet sales performance targets
- Growth of market segements
- On time performance, work ethic and quality of the Sales Team
- Monitoring of direct reports and peers
- A motivated sales team
- Supply Chain Management
- Trend analysis & proposed action thus